Wednesday 10 November 2010

Adessi 10:10 - We have blue tits!


No, I'm not referring to the temperature in the Newcastle office as we continue to make sure the heating is on as little as possible...

In fact, we're finally getting visitors to our bird feeder, six months after I first attached it to our first floor window.

This isn't going to reduce our carbon footprint, I realise, but I was keen to help Adessi get back to nature slightly. Our office isn't just surrounded by a railway line, a cement works and a tyre pile - the area is also teeming with wildlife.

I've seen rabbits in our car park, and the snow last winter revealed fox tracks, while there is loads of birdlife - in the past few months I've seen blue tits, long-tailed tits, goldfinches, and this morning, a wren.

They're obviously growing desperate as the temperature drops and are now frequently visiting the feeder. It's a cute, feathery, close-to-home reminder of one of the many reasons we really ought to be doing our bit to help the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment