Tuesday 17 August 2010

Adessi 10:10 - World Tap Water Week

As a new member of the Adessi team, I wasn't here when the team originally made their first pledges. During my first weeks at the Leeds office I've been involved with a lot of Adessi's 10:10 plans, and it feels wrong that I haven't made a pledge to put on our green tree yet.

I've been thinking about various pledges I would like to make, and on Twitter yesterday I saw that 'Do The Green Thing' are running World Tap Water Week this week, and it got me thinking. I tend to carry a bottle of water around with me wherever I go, it's one of the reasons I need such a large handbag, but every now and again I'll forget my water bottle, and buy another one. I think I have four bottles in my room at home, and I refill one of them everyday to bring into work with me. I'm a big fan of tap water, I don't really like the taste of some bottled waters, but as long as the water from the tap is cold I like it. Therefore, I think my first pledge is going to be to stop buying new bottles, and make sure I have a bottle with me whenever I might need one. This is especially true on long car journeys when I normally forget to put a bottle in my bag!

The Do The Green Thing website has put together some great lists including 'Top 7 Shocking Tap Facts', 'Top 7 Criminal Mineral Ads' and 'Top 7 Ingenious Ideas' to promote World Tap Water Week. It's really opened my eyes to how important it is to drink water from the tap whenever possible, we're priveleged to have clean and safe tap water available right in our homes, so I will be making sure to not buy any more bottles, and I think I will invest in my very own water bottle.

Oh, and this is my personal favourite tap campaign from Tappening, if it doesn't stop you buying bottled water, I don't know what will!


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment