Thursday 14 October 2010

Adessi 10:10:10 - An Update from Laura

When I joined Adessi this August they were already in full swing with the 10:10 campaign, and I had never heard of it! I was given the responsibility of looking after this blog, and with that came the responsibility of learning about 10:10 and environmental issues concerning carbon emissions, and I'm definitely still learning!

When I was deciding on my pledges I had some difficulties, mainly because I don't drive, so my pledges had to be a bit more imaginative! My first pledge was to recycle my paper every day, which I have been doing in the office, and my second pledge was to stop buying bottled water, and I haven't bought any water for a couple of months now! However, I am having difficulties cutting down on my diet coke consumption and use a lot of bottles through that! I have been trying to drink cans instead, to cut down on how much plastic I'm using.

Further to these I've been trying to make sure I wear warm clothes to work so I don't need to ask for the heating to be on all the time, and I also bring a packed lunch in every day in a reusable plastic box.

Overall I think I'm doing pretty well, but I have to say I'm really proud of this blog, I've tried really hard to find interesting news to talk about and to get everybody at Adessi involved (which isn't the easiest thing to do when you're the new girl!). This, our week of 10:10:10, has shown just how hard people are trying, and there's still a few more updates to come!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment