Wednesday 13 October 2010

Adessi 10:10:10 - An Update From Sally


One of my pledges was that I would go meat free one day a week. I chose this pledge after reading the below:

- Producing a pound of beef creates the same amount of greenhouse gas as driving for 77 miles
- A cow produces 220lb of methane annually-the equivalent in greenhouse gases of driving 7,800 miles
- By 2050, world consumption of meat will be 456 million tons-double that of 2001

I also watched this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rt0Tn93xek

I have stuck to my pledge and enjoyed tucking in to some meat free dishes. It has been surprisingly easy and has introduced me to some great new recipes such as 3 bean stew, broccoli and pasta bake, veggie sausage bake, Quorn tikka masala, veggie burgers and salad, Quorn sausage and lentils…..

To find more delicious recipes visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment