Tuesday 12 October 2010

Adessi 10:10:10 - An Update From Stevie

I’ve done quite a bit towards saving the earth since we stated 10:10, in fact, I’d go as far to say that I think I have the smallest carbon footprint in the whole company ! (now that’s fighting talk).

At work I’ve:

Joined a laser toner recycle scheme
Put signs up about switching the laser printer off on a night
Drastically cut down on the emails I print
Printing double sided and on used paper
Recycling all waste paper
Switch lights off when not needed
Only getting one sarnie from the shop per week.

At home I’ve:

Switched off at the wall, all appliances that I’m not using eg. Dishwasher, Washing Machine. Microwave, Toaster, Shaver charger, phone charger, Mac
Only wash up once or twice a week.
Getting a water meter fitted which will force me to save water
Only use lights when necessary
I recycle all waste plastic/glass bottles and paper/cardboard
I’ve changed gas and electricity supplier for more control over my energy online and installed the electricity monitor they gave me
So far I haven’t had the heating on and I’m going to cut down gas usage by wearing warm cloths on those chilly nights
Got my mam recycling and doing the same with her energy usage
I don’t have a car and use public transport getting too and from work

No comments:

Post a Comment